Boo and tart

Sunday, September 24, 2006

JR's early birthday gift

Since early this year, JR has been talking non-stop about playing Foosball. So when he switched to his new job this month, he had mentioned how he would miss playing Foosball. Ok, I have been thinking about getting a surprise b-day gift for him and I thought this would be perfect for him this year. His b-day is not until end of October so I thought I had lots of time, right?!? Wrong! Just a week and a half ago - he was talking about wanting to get one right away! So I had to be sneaky and try to dissuade him from getting one this year. I told him we still have the trip and wedding to think about so he shouldn't buy it yet. But no, he still wanted to get one and so I decided to get his friend's help to stall him. I contacted him last Thursday and he told JR that they will get it next week - which gives me this weekend to decide! Well, I called my uncle on Friday night to see if I can borrow his van but I found out that he was working ...darn!!! So I decided to visit the place anyway on Saturday morning - and yes, I had to make up a lie that I had some hair appointment that day ...well, I still had a short hair treatment so technically, it's not a whole lie....hehehe! I went to the store and talked to the guy ....and I was able to haggle without even trying too much! I was even able to cut the delivery cost to $20! Anyway, had to ask my sister-in-law to tell JR that we don't have to go to my in-laws until 2 pm that day so that we can wait for the Foosball table to be delivered (JR's uncle's b-day lunch was on that day which is why I had to go in the AM). And it worked cuz I was bale to pull it off!!! Here's a pic of the Foosball table:



Yes, JR's very happy that he has a Foosball table now! I told him that it will be his b-day, wedding and X-mas gift rolled into one!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home